Monday, July 28, 2008

C is for CAKE...birthday cake, that is

Teagan's birthday was June 30. Five years old! She's made this transition from toddler to child in the past year, and sometimes I just can't believe it when I look at her. She starts school in just a few weeks, and I am both so scared and so excited for her I can barely stand to think about it for too long. She is a beautiful, smart, sassy girl who gets her feelings hurt easily. I know she'll be great in school, but I worry that all the other kids will be more savvy than she is. Isn't that silly? She spent the night away at a friend's house the other night and I could barely sleep for worry that she might wake up scared in the middle of the night.

How hard, this parenting thing. We have to instill confidence and independence in our babies but when they run off on their own we just wish we could carry them so they don't fall and skin their knees.

Well the birthday party was fun. We had it at Valley of the Moon park, and although the turnout was low, the kids had a blast! We also had pinatas, which was so fun!

Race ya!!!


Teagan and big brother Austin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That cake looked so fantastic. I wish I could've stayed for a piece. It was nice seeing how Teagan has grown.

Rhiannon said...

What a sweet, heartfelt post. I too am in disbelief at the girl she has become. I also feel the pains of her growing up.

I told you I would read it tonight, while Lowan is on the boob. Two fingered (on one hand) typing is really hard!!

queensage said...

what a beautiful cake and a wonderful family.